In light of Heyneke’s decision to defend his game plan against Argentina, we thought it appropriate to highlight some other controversial beliefs held by the current Bok coach.
- When plan “A” isn’t working, you don’t need a plan “B”. Do plan “A” again. But this time try harder.
- Players don’t need to run into space. Ideally they should run straight at opposition players and collapse in a heap the moment anyone touches them.
- The science on evolution isn’t “all in” yet.
- It is not necessary to secure the ball at a break down. One should pick players based on bicep measurements rather than ability on the floor.
- Arcade Fire’s The Suburbs is “kinda overrated”.
- Climate change is just a hoax.
- The Boks played well in parts against Argentina.
- Morne Steyn isn’t out of form.
- Brussouw isn’t “all that”.
- Zane “the Crazy Train” Kirchner is a better option at fullback than both Gio Aplon and the Lambo.
Ahhh, Heyneke. Looks like the honeymoon is over. Can you feel those screws turning yet?