This is Number 1 in a new thread which BDR has launched.
Yes, if you must know, there was an exclusive launch party at Trinity nightclub with special guests; including the fembots found on the back page of the Sunday Times, and Varsity Club rugby starlets, with the recently pepper sprayed LochNVille on the decks.
The basic format of the thread is to review the unique watering holes dotted around the country, where rugby fans congregate at the altar every Saturday to receive their weekly communion of “But on the other hand Darren” and “Chester, Chester, Chester Williams goes over for his fourth try”
Let us dive into the first gem:
Name: The Sea View Sports Bar
Location: Gansbaai, down the one way
Tackling the Bar: No rucking to the front of the queue required to order beers
1. Ample supply of pool tables if the big game turns into a game of kicking chess
2. Personally tailored pool cue storage facilities
3. Wallet friendly beer prices
4. Eco friendly air-conditioning
1. Electrical wiring of the tv’s resembles the ‘off the grid system’ patented in South America
2. The abalone growing on the bar tables – it is perlemoen country after all!
3. Keep your friends close (and your engine running) if you rub the aforementioned stern locals the wrong way
4. There is no sea view?
Gok Wan Special Mention:
The super sized early 90’s rugby trump cards add a nice decor touch to soften the hard edge look created with the beer posters plastered everywhere.
OVERALL RATING: Joe Roff Dog